May contain affiliate links. See my disclosure page for more information.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong having a bit of candy in kids’ Easter baskets. Holidays are a time to splurge and loosen the rules a bit. But I can also understand not wanting to fill an entire Easter basket with sweet treats. If you’re looking for some non candy Easter basket ideas, I got you covered! No need to waste precious time walking through stores trying to find gift basket ideas. I’ve put together the below list to help you save time and put a smile on the faces of your little ones Easter morning. Enjoy!
- Sidewalk chalk
- Colored pencils
- Stamp set
- Finger paint
- Watercolor paint
- Paint brushes
- Modeling clay
- Paint with water books (we have one for each of our boys and they have saved us in church, on car rides, in airplanes, and any other time we need the boys to sit still and somewhat quietly for awhile! They even have a bible-themed book!)
- Rain jacket
- Rain boots
- Gardening tools
- Jump rope
- Beach ball
- Bouncy balls (just make sure your child is old enough that this doesn’t present a choking hazard!)
- Koosh balls
- Action figures
- Race cars
- Crayola Bath Dropz
- Magnifying glass
- Card games, like Go Fish, Old Maid, or Set
- Cape and mask set, or other dress up items
- Play Makeup, nail polish, hair accessories
- Stuffed animal
- Shakers, maracas, tambourine, or other percussion instruments (I know you probably think I’m crazy, but we got a percussion set as a Christmas present for our son and we’ve all had so much fun with it!)
And of course, in the spirit of the holiday, consider getting your little ones a children’s bible.
I hope this has helped give you some ideas to fill your non candy Easter basket. Whether you’re going candy free, or just looking for some ideas to break up the treats, any of these items are sure to put a smile on the faces of your little ones.
Finally, to save money, if you’re buying any of your Easter basket items online, be sure to check out Ebates to see if you can get cash back! Using my referral link, you can get a $10 cash back bonus once you join and spend at least $25!